WYSIWYG in Visual Editor does not apply custom styles

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Visual editor
Nov 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I'm able to create styles and apply them, and see them applied to the object (for example <H1 /> or <P />), but only on the Omnicorp sample website.

When I take the very same steps on my customer's website, then all is fine, except from one thing. The Visual Editor WYSIWYG doesn't apply the style in editing mode. Personally I could live with that, but my customer is not so forbearing.

I have also added the styles to /FrontEnd/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.css and /FrontEnd/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Default.css. After doing all the configuration changes, I have refreshed my browser with [CTRL]+[F5].

Any good ideas as to how I can solve this?

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Check out files:

/Frontend/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.css - here you can add some css rules that will be applied in editor (the one you need)

/Frontend/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.xml - Defines custom css class names that the visual editor  will be suggesting to apply on specified tags

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM

There is more information here:

You might be getting a cached css for the wysiwyg editor even if you reloaded the C1 Console - try forcing your cache empty.

How do I control the css styling options in the WYSIWYG editor?

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Thank you for your quick replies, it is much appreciated. The things you wrote are exactly consistent with the things I have already read on the Composite website though.

I have (tried to) flush my browser cache, both by [CTRL]+[F5] and by [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[DELETE].

Is there another way to do it, which is more thorough?

Please help me understand what exactly is meant by your words "forcing your cache empty".

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Depends on your browser, but in Firefox you can do this via the "Tools | Clear recent history..." menu and make sure "Cache" is checked. All the other items you can uncheck (so you dont flush history, cached logins, cookies etc.)

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Thanks a lot for your help! It's working now.