WYSIWYG in Visual Editor does not apply custom styles

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Visual editor
Nov 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I'm able to create styles and apply them, and see them applied to the object (for example <H1 /> or <P />), but only on the Omnicorp sample website.

When I take the very same steps on my customer's website, then all is fine, except from one thing. The Visual Editor WYSIWYG doesn't apply the style in editing mode. Personally I could live with that, but my customer is not so forbearing.

I have also added the styles to /FrontEnd/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.css and /FrontEnd/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Default.css. After doing all the configuration changes, I have refreshed my browser with [CTRL]+[F5].

Any good ideas as to how I can solve this?

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Check out files:

/Frontend/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.css - here you can add some css rules that will be applied in editor (the one you need)

/Frontend/Styles/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.Config.xml - Defines custom css class names that the visual editor  will be suggesting to apply on specified tags

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM

There is more information here:

You might be getting a cached css for the wysiwyg editor even if you reloaded the C1 Console - try forcing your cache empty.

How do I control the css styling options in the WYSIWYG editor?

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Thank you for your quick replies, it is much appreciated. The things you wrote are exactly consistent with the things I have already read on the Composite website though.

I have (tried to) flush my browser cache, both by [CTRL]+[F5] and by [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+[DELETE].

Is there another way to do it, which is more thorough?

Please help me understand what exactly is meant by your words "forcing your cache empty".

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Depends on your browser, but in Firefox you can do this via the "Tools | Clear recent history..." menu and make sure "Cache" is checked. All the other items you can uncheck (so you dont flush history, cached logins, cookies etc.)

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Thanks a lot for your help! It's working now.