Extensions for C1

Topics: General
Dec 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I was thinking of creating a separate project that would include code for extending C1, but doesn't go into the Core, so it can be easier for people to use these extensions. It could also be a way of showing the Composite Developers what the demands are, what enhancements are being used in the wild and maybe they will patch it into the core at some point.

• extensionless page urls
  • nicer media-urls
  • SiteMapProvider
  • Sitemap according to the sitemap protocols
  • masterpages
  • Nicer media upload and previewing
  • Automatic www redirection
  • other nifty enhancements

An example is http://www.sogm.gl/ which was just released by DOT GL using the extensions mentioned above. Since C1 is such a nice open source product we feel committed to give back some of the code we have been writing that makes our experience of developing C1 sites just a tad nicer :)

Comments ?

Dec 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Awesome! Creating a 'Composite C1 Extensions' project sound like a fantastic contribution and all the items you have on your list sound highly sought after. And yes, this will keep us on out toes and give us a great reference point ;-)

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Okay, so the initial version is up. Spend quite some time trying to isolate and refactor the code from our own internal libraries for open sourcing it, but here we go

http://compositec1contrib.codeplex.com/

Tried to write some documentation as well the best i could for using the different modules. As more code is released i will add more documentation as well.

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Fantastic!! Heard from @snyhde he is working on an extension that can do 'schema / entity relation mapping' features for dynamic data types (so you can see all your types with columns, foreign keys etc.) - he was looking for a way to share it. I guess he can get in touch with you and get access to upload?

Thanks for sharing!

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Of course he can :)