Our website based on CompositeC1

Topics: General
Dec 20, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share the link to our new website with you.

The interesting thing about it is that it's based on CompositeC1. Check it out : http://www.spakoo.com.au

At first we've decided to use DotNetNuke because we have a good background with it but after we read about the abilities and features of CompositeC1 we realized that it's time for something new and more powerful. Therefore we turned all the way back and used CompositeC1 with a bit of modifications.

CompositeC1 might not be a strong competitor to many well known CMS out there in terms of out-of-the-box features and available modules but having .NET 4, XSLT, MCV, XML and SQL in use and combining with powerful structure makes it a head and shoulder above the others when talking about foundation.

Best Regards,

Aboo

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Looks nice. You have an error though in the "Read More..." link on the frontpage. Looks like the url is not being resolved to the running application on the server (~).

Also let me know if you need help fixing up those urls of yours. I haven't started the Composite C1 Contrib project yet but i could guide you through hooking up those filters and request module so you get rid of the .aspx extension and the redundant spakoo folder.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:01 AM

And same goes for the image src's. /Renderers/ShowMedia.ashx?id=5907a233-68c0-43dd-9561-70e1e00c7a12 is NOT human readable in any way, i've created a filter so all those ugly urls are replaced with ie. /media/5907a233-68c0-43dd-9561-70e1e00c7a12/post1.jpg

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM

And for those css and js of yours, you should aim of only have ONE css file and ONE js file... it saves the number of requests the browser has to make. http://combres.codeplex.com/ is a good utility for making that happen.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:44 AM

Thanks for the tips.

Fixing the URLs to a more human readable would be really nice. Got a link for it?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM

@Aboo - your site looks fabulous - congratulations :-)