Sourcecode for functions

Topics: General
Jan 17, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Is the sourcecode for the functions used in the Composite package availeble for educational purposes? I would like to use them to start getting the hang of it, f.e. i used the LevelSitemap in Navigation, yet it also writes out an extra style include in the head, and its using different classes then i use in my css. Is there any place i can find the sources to be able to create a new function myself without having to do it from scratch the first time?

Thanks,

ingmar

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Most of the C1 Packages are built using XSLT and you can see/change the source in the Functions perspective, below XSLT Functions.

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Awsome :)

Thank you! I found what i was looking for, i was expecting C# assembly, looking in the wrong place :) I can create my own now (guess its easy to 'add' them as a function, will continue reading docs :))

You mention 'Most of the C1...', which sounds like some other are C#, are those functions OS too?

ingmar

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM

All the 'build in' functions in Composite C1 is implemented using C# and the source code for those are available under the Compositer.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders namespace. Packages may use C# to define functions and in a few situations they are packaged in an assembly, in which case you will need a program like reflector to view the source code and you are free to copy all you want. Those packages haven't been uploaded to CodePlex as source code - primarily a time/resource vs. effect issue.

There are a few commercial packages for Composite C1 - they are not open source.

In addition to C# and XSLT Composite C1 also allow developers to define C1 Functions (functionality) in MVC (returning html), SQL (returning XML, typical for XSLT) and Visual Functions (returning html).