How to upgrade from CompositeC1 2.0 to version C1 beta 3 on SVN ?

Topics: General
Jan 20, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Hi All.

My current website is using Composite version 2.0 but now i want to move all of my current data to the the latest version of Composite C1 ( beta 3 on SVN ) . What should i do ? 

Thank you in advanced.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I'm usually just unpacking the zip-file, opening the .sln and building Composite and Composite.Workflow. After that you take the whole Website-folder and copy it into your existing installation, overwriting all files. Remember NOT to browse the website and run the installer for Composite C1 on the downloaded source, since that will create a bunch of files that will conflict your existing installation.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I can provide you with a C1 Package that upgrade your Composite C1 site to the latest nightly build in 60 seconds - this is provided that you haven't made any changes to the actual source code and compiled your own build. It works on "compiled sites", it does not relate to source code upgrade.

I guess this a great time to advertise for our upgrade subscription: a full year access to upgrade packages that will ensure your customers Composite C1 site is the latest version. Upgrading is really really easy, definitely worth looking at in larger commercial projects.