Inserting blog on a page, standard blog packed

Topics: Standard packages, Troubleshooting
Jan 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I have tried to install the blog packed.

When i create a page of the type blog, and show it. I get an render error.

When clicken at the "Error in Function

it says

Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.BlogRenderer' - One or more errors occurred. - Failed to execute function with local name 'GetEntriesXml' - Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.Entries.GetEntriesXml' - No conversion from System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] to System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] could be found -

I have not tried to make any changes from the standard installation.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Could you provide me the version of Composite C1 you are running? (did you use a compiled download or did you use the latest beta sources?) I would like to try to repro this.

Try to use the menu "Tools | Restart Server" - this will normally ensure that dynamic data types (like "Composite.Community.Blog.Entries") are compiled and stored in an assembly ~/bin/Composite.Generated.dll and all parts of both .NET and Composite C1 will use this type. The error message you get indicate that .NET and Composite C1 are 'out of sync' on this particular data type (I'd like a repro for that - we have worked hard to never see that situation). If the restart server solve your issue, you should be good from that point on.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I tried now to restart the server.

Now it just says, no pop up message when i click:

[ ERROR ]

I run on version
Composite C1 2.0 SP1    
Build no. 2.0.3947.24461     
© 2010 Composite A/S     
Installation ID:a09e1465-fd55-46e3-b814-188f015c9b53

And used this link for download

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

But if I preview the page it is still the same error

Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.BlogRenderer' - One or more errors occurred. - Failed to execute function with local name 'GetEntriesXml' - Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.Entries.GetEntriesXml' - No conversion from System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] to System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] could be found -

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Hmm... tried to download from the URL you provided, open project in VS2010, F5'ed, installed demo site, blog package, created a "Blog" page, added Author record, added blog post. All worked fine :(

Any major difference in my approach compared to yours? Could you check if the server log contain any errors? Tools | Server Log.

The [Error] behavior is related to login - browser sessions without a valid C1 Console authentication cookie will not get detailed errors.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM

It sounds like the same way we do :-(

I'm not running in VS but it is deploeyd on a IIS server version 6

I get the following in the log

1/22/2011 3:45 PM

System.InvalidOperationException: No conversion from System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] to System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] could be found
   at Composite.Core.Types.ValueTypeConverter.Convert(Object value, Type targetType)
   at Composite.Functions.ParameterList.TryGetParameter(String parameterName, Object& value)
   at Composite.Functions.ParameterList.GetParameter[T](String parameterName)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.StandardFunctionProvider.IDataGenerated.GetXml`1.Execute(ParameterList parameters, FunctionContextContainer context)
   at Composite.Functions.FunctionRuntimeTreeNode.GetValue(FunctionContextContainer contextContainer)

PageRenderer | INNER | INNER | INNER | INNER
     Error

System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.Entries.GetEntriesXml'
   at Composite.Functions.FunctionRuntimeTreeNode.GetValue(FunctionContextContainer contextContainer)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.GetFunctionCallResult(FunctionContextContainer functionContextContainer, NamedFunctionCall namedFunctionCall, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.<>c__DisplayClassa.<BuildInputDocument2>b__3(Int32 i)

PageRenderer | INNER | INNER | INNER
     Error

System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to execute function with local name 'GetEntriesXml'
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.<>c__DisplayClassa.<BuildInputDocument2>b__3(Int32 i)
   at Composite.Core.Parallelization.ParallelFacade.ThreadWrapper`1.WrapperAction(TSource source)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClassf`1.<ForWorker>b__c()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass7.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__6(Object )

PageRenderer | INNER | INNER
     Error

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, Action`1 body)
   at Composite.Core.Parallelization.ParallelFacade.For(String parallelizationPointName, Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, Action`1 body)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.BuildInputDocument2(List`1 namedFunctions, Dictionary`2 inputParameters, List`1 evaluatedParameterList, List`1 xslExtensions, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.BuildInputDocument(List`1 namedFunctions, Dictionary`2 inputParameters, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.XsltXmlFunction.Execute(ParameterList parameters, FunctionContextContainer context)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to execute function with local name 'GetEntriesXml' ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.Entries.GetEntriesXml' ---> System.InvalidOperationException: No conversion from System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] to System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] could be found
   at Composite.Core.Types.ValueTypeConverter.Convert(Object value, Type targetType)
   at Composite.Functions.ParameterList.TryGetParameter(String parameterName, Object& value)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.StandardFunctionProvider.IDataGenerated.GetXml`1.Execute(ParameterList parameters, FunctionContextContainer context)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.GetFunctionCallResult(FunctionContextContainer functionContextContainer, NamedFunctionCall namedFunctionCall, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Core.Parallelization.ParallelFacade.ThreadWrapper`1.WrapperAction(TSource source)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass7.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__6(Object )<---

PageRenderer | INNER
     Error

System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.BlogRenderer' ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to execute function with local name 'GetEntriesXml' ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to get value for function 'Composite.Community.Blog.Entries.GetEntriesXml' ---> System.InvalidOperationException: No conversion from System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] to System.Linq.Expressions.Expression`1[System.Func`2[Composite.Community.Blog.Entries,System.Boolean]] could be found
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass7.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__6(Object )
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, Action`1 body)
   at Composite.Core.Parallelization.ParallelFacade.For(String parallelizationPointName, Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, Action`1 body)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.BuildInputDocument2(List`1 namedFunctions, Dictionary`2 inputParameters, List`1 evaluatedParameterList, List`1 xslExtensions, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.RenderHelper.BuildInputDocument(List`1 namedFunctions, Dictionary`2 inputParameters, Boolean addDetailedComments)
   at Composite.Plugins.Functions.FunctionProviders.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.XsltBasedFunctionProvider.XsltXmlFunction.Execute(ParameterList parameters, FunctionContextContainer context)
   at Composite.Core.WebClient.Renderings.Page.PageRenderer.<>c__DisplayClass17.<ExecuteEmbeddedFunctions>b__13(Int32 i)

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM

This could be IIS 6 related - we primarily focus on IIS 7+, IIS Express (WebMatrix) and VS2010 Casini. We will try to run though this on an IIS 6 box.

In the mean time - could you try to either run on IIS Express (get up and running with bit.ly://InstallCompositeC1) or VS2010 (F5) and check if the problem goes away?

You could also try this with your current install; stop the app pool, delete the folder "~/App_Data/Compoiste/Cache", start the app pool, hit a page on the site. Then restart the app pool and verify ~/bin/Composite.Generated.dll is just generated. Basically the issue here seems to be that the assemblies dynamically compiled in mem by Composite C1 (living in "~/App_Data/Compoiste/Cache/Assemblies") do not compile to ~/bin/Composite.Generated.dll as they should. This may solve your issue, but if you ended up with this situation so easily, I think we need to look into issues we may have running under IIS 6 and you are probably better of using a newer host for now.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Actually i had this problem once on IIS 7.5, that the /App_Data/Compoiste/Cache/Assemblies was full of dll's but no Composite.Generated.dll was showing up in the bin folder. Didn't get resolved by restarting C1, so i ended up restarting the whole computer and then it was working.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I do not get that dll.

I get alot of dll's named like

CMS_2EE28184_D8185C2A_v0001_fe218ecd-825c-4c33-bf95-101ad194b22d.dll

in folder App_Data\Composite\Cache\Assemblies.

Changes the server park, is not that easy :-)

I will try under VS2010 and se if I get the same error

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I removed the site. Uploaded the site once again and installed blog packed.

Now everthing is working :-)