Composite C1 and MVC 3.0 issues

Topics: MVC, Troubleshooting
Mar 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Hello all,

I've encountered several issues while I was trying to test the product via the samples demonstrated in your site.

For example:

After I installed the Sample.Page.UsState and I try to use it in the Composite C1 CMS solution it isn't recognize.

ViewBag isn't recognize in the Razor view pages.

I have the console on which I install the different packages (like MVC player), on IIS under default websites I have the composite C1 website which is map to files under wwwroot and through webmatrix i can open the composite c1 in VS.

of course when I add something to my solution it doesn't reflect in the site hosted in IIS so it seems that I need to publish the site again but then I might override the mvc player installation.

Can I develop a complete site in MVC outside the Composite C1 solution and embedded it through the Composite console using the MVC player ?

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Please look at http://compositec1.codeplex.com/discussions/248553 and come with your input for implementing 100% pure mvc rendering.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 10:51 PM

@Ronchuck I'm not sure what you encounter - could you provide more detail on the issues? Good info would be; steps needed to reproduce problem, what to normally expect, and what you actually experienced + any error info you might get. Check if the C1 Console's "Tools | Server log" got anything relevant.

> Can I develop a complete site in MVC outside the Composite C1 solution and embedded it through the Composite console using the MVC player ?

Yes, this should be possible. If your MVC application just run on a single Composite C1 page, this should work "out of the box" using the MVC player. If you plan to embed your MVC application across many Composite C1 pages (one page showing a product, another shopping cart content, ...) then you should check the thread about linking between MVC views hosted on different Composite C1 pages. With some simple helper functions for url build up this should be of little burden. I would suggest occasional integration testing between your MVC app and Composite C1.