Localize only some sub pages - not start page?

Topics: General
Mar 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Hi,

I have a situation where I would like to localize a group of sub pages but not the home page itself. To be able to localize the sub pages I need to turn on localization on my home page and when my user click on home after visiting the localized sub page they end up on a localized home page when I would like them to come directly to my default language home page. Is there a way of localizing sub pages without localizing the home page at the same time? Or is there some workaround or smarter solution to accomplish this? Page redirection?

Regards

/Fredrik

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:44 PM

The 'page tree' require pages to exist top-down so consistent paths can be created.

You could add page redirection to the localized homepage - edit the page, switch to HTML view and insert the function Composite.Web.Response.Redirect.

You could also just create normal pages in the default language scope and title them in their appropriate language etc. Sounds like you just need a few "about us" pages in different languages.

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply! I will go with the redirection as it is quite a lot of pages that are required to be in different languages and I like the localization feature of Composite C1!

Cheers!