Menu Titles allowed chars

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Mar 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I am having trouble with the Events section of our site. It seems that I cannot specify a Menu Title that is longer than 64 characters. The system has always been able to handle 125, but now it is 64 for some weird reason. I need to be able to specify longer Menu titles.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Below is the error that I am getting in the system.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I am guessing that you are running a fairly old version of Composite C1 from before our open sourcing of 2.0. I checked the history for the field and as far as I can see it has been 64 characters since 1.0 was released, but in early 1.x releases schema constraints was not checked when saving on XML. Are you upgrading from one version to another? And what versions?

If having menu titles that exceed 64 characters is desired, I suggest you make a page meta data field to hold a custom menu title and integrate this field into you menu renderings. Running a 'customized schema' for pages would require you grab the source code and edit IPage.cs, but I recommend working around with a new custom field for now.

I will log a task for making more room on this field in future release. I guess that having menu items that exceed a 64 character limit can make sense, since you report this.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Thanks for your answer.

Your are right its and old version of c1.