page order

Topics: Troubleshooting
Mar 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I've been playing around with the Omnicorp demo site and I started adding pages. How do you change the order of the pages after you add a new page? I recently realized that under one of my tabs(Tab3) I needed an introduction page. The problem is that after creating the new page, Composite adds the page to the bottom of the list of all the subpages. How would I change the order and place the new page at the top? I guess this question can also be applied to tabs as well. What if you want to add a page that has no subpages so it will be accessed by a tab at the top of the screen and you want the new page to be the second tab and not the last tab?

DEMO SITE EXAMPLE

.........................................Tab1 | Tab2 | *Tab3* | Tab4|

Page1

Page2

Page3

*New Page    

In this example, the 3rd tab is selected and the new page that has been added has a link below "Page 3". How could I make the "New Page" link be displayed on the menu before "Page 1"???

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:05 PM

yeah, it can be a bit hard to realize how it works at first, but here it goes

1. right click the page you want to move
  2. choose "cut"
  3. right click the page you want the page you "cutted" to ba a child of
  4. chose "paste"
  5. now a popup will show that gives you the opportunity to choose where the page should be inserted, before or after some specific page, in the buttom or at the top etc.

thats it :)

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM

That works great. Thank you!

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM

:) you're welcome... don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else troubling you!