Custom Tab control

Topics: Visual editor
Apr 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Hi guys,

My client has a very unique requirement which the existing Tabs control does not cater for.

The client needs the ability to specify where the newly created page will appear eg: Main Navigation or Tab. We know that if we leave out the URL title the page is hidden away from the main navigation. This requirement, I figured I'll be able to build into the system fairly quickly and hassle-free but turned out to be a bit of a pain, so any assistance herewith would be greatly appreciated.

I identified the XML file that governs the page creation control [IPage_Guid], and added a new "DataFieldDescriptor" for "IsTab", however, I found that for some reason the this XML document gets reset automatically to its original state???

Problem number 2 came in when I started making changes to "AddNewPageStep1.xml" by adding a boolean selector control. Trying to browse through the solution I came no closer in identifying a way of tying the new requirement with the MODEL / CONTROLLER.

I think my steps to adding this functionality is fairly in line with the way the system has been built, but without having access to the actual methods can't store anything for reuse. I'm sure that if I use an XPATH query in my own XSLT function I'll be able to bring back all tabbed pages per specific section, but don't know how to store the data back to the "navigation" xml.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:18 AM

After fiddling some, I managed to add the requirements to the Edit Page form and successfully stored the values in C1's data storage, I just need to change Menu.xsl to ignore anything that has "IsTab" in the xml.