Multiple Spots from Demo site

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, XSLT
May 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Edited May 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I've been trying out Composite CMS. I installed it with the demo-site.

The demo site has a column that can be filled with spots. I've been trying to change this to having multiple columns with spots.

I've created a "page type" that has 2 metadata types ( programmatic names: spotleft, spotright )

But how can I use the programmatic names in the function "Spot rendering" ??

It now shows the 2 columns with only the spots selected for the first column.

[update]

I just updated the pagespot datatype to include a location input box. Now the user can manually enter a location for the pagespot.

He has to enter "spotleft" or "spotright" to get the pagesport to show up.

How can I have this field automatically filled with the programmatic name of the pagespot ?

May 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM

deviltje,
Edit your meta datatype: Data => Page metatypes => Fields => Your field name => Advanced => Default value (click on field) => Add new => All Functions/Composite/Constant/String - OK => click Value => Constant => set your default value

or probably better solution (IMHO) is using radio button list to input values.. this way your customer will choose option, to do so:

Edit your meta datatype: Data => Page metatypes => Fields => Your field name => Advanced => Widget type - click on field  => Delete => Add new => All widgets functions/Composite/Widgets/String/Selector - OK => Click on Options => Functions =>

All Functions/Composite/Utils/String/Split - OK => string to split - type here your values separated by comma "spotleft,spotrigh" (no spaces) => OK = > Save.  (you can extend this by creating C# function which feeds values / labels for radiobox in more nice way - see Composite.Community.AddThis package Package\App_Code\Composite\Community\AddThis.cs for details).