Input Parameter as Array (string,string,string)

Topics: XSLT
Jun 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I am struggling on how to assign an input parameter on an XSL function that is an array. 

What I am creating is an jquery carousel control, for each slide in the carousel there is 3 values to define

1. Slide Name (textbox widget)

2. Slide Description (html box widget)

2. Slide Image (Image Picker widget)

anything to point me in the right direction will be helpful

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 12:21 PM

The options available for input parameters types are generated from "all known return types in the C1 Function system", so if you can not find a desired type when defining a parameter it is because no existing C1 Function can provide it. You can create a C# Function the return Array( string, string, string ) and once that exists you can select the type on your C# Function.

This probably will not solve your task though - there will be no UI (no widget) which let the user populate a parameter of Array( string, string, string ) and generally the C1 Function system have no UI features that can do "N elements" for function parameters.

Instead I could suggest the following approach: Let the user select N images - the name and description for the carousel can be grabbed from the image title and description. On your XSLT Function, create a string parameter and use the widget "Composite.Widgets.String.DataIdMultiSelector" use the C1 Image type and also use "compact mode". This will allow the user to select X images and order them. Your XSLT will then be called with a comma seperated list of image ID's.

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I have started to implement it by having a C# function parse the information from an XML file that is supplied using an input parameter to it's path. for now I wrote an Windows client to create the XML file, however I will when I get time create an backend extension for the XML file creator