composite DB

Topics: General
Jul 8, 2011 at 1:56 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Where does composite store the actual content of the pages that is entered using the admin side?

the reason I ask is becuase the current version I am using is giving some issue and I would like to just download and move over the DB files that composite uses to store all the site content. 

How do I migrate from dev site to production site?

Jul 8, 2011 at 4:36 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2011 at 4:37 AM

All the information is stored in the App_Data / Composite / Datastores ( I think it's DataStores for the XML implementation... if not that will get you started )

As for migrating from dev to production, you simply set up your site in IIS on your production server (ensuring .Net 4 in also installed) and Copy your Website folder to the root of the website folder. Done.

If you're using SQL Server, there are a few extra steps.

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Actual content is stored in the IPagePlaceholderContent datatype, and the actual "physical" location can be seen if you look in the DataProvider configuration files in ~/App_Data/Composite/Configuration/. In here each of the different Interfaces/Datatypes are listed together with the name of the xml-file or sql table or... that holds the data of the different types.

Default pattern is fullTypename_{Published/Unpublished}_{language} where the two last arguments only are used if the type is LocalizedControlled and PublishControlled.

IPagePlaceholderContent is both which means that the default xml-file where the actual content is stored would be ~/App_Data/Composite/DataStores/Composite.Data.Types.IPagePlaceholderContent_{Published/Unpublished}_{language}.xml. With the SQL dataprovider the dots in the typename are replaced with underscores, so the table name for the actual content would be Composite_Data_Types_IPagePlaceholderContent_{Published/Unpublished}_{language}.xml