is there a way to allow folders in page templates on the layout view?

Topics: General, Standard packages, Troubleshooting, Visual editor
Jul 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM

We are testing 4 sites in a Composite c1 install, while this works fine, we are running into a few issues that its complicating our migration from an older CMS application.

for instance, we would like to have folders on page templates in the layout view, otherwise we would have to add something like: site.frontpage, site2.frontpage, there are close to 3 files for every layout, this creates around 15 for default layouts for each site plus the common master page. this makes it 60 files in a folder for a 4 site install.

Is there a way to create folders, or put the layouts in different folders?

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I suppose youre using the contrib project already since you're mentioning Masterpages so that's good. If the content placeholders are the same for each template across all the sites its no problem at all. I have exactly that running on one installation where the placeholders are the same but I want layout to be different. How would you like you directory structure to be like, folders named as sites hostnames or?

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Hi, thanks for responding.

I was thinking of having a directory for each hostname yes. Going through the layout markup, I see that the other layouts aren't really different, So a Different common.master and a frontpage to go with it is all I need right?