Application not defined on Mac Firefox 3.5.3?

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Visual editor
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I'm trying to narrow down an issue with Composite loading on a Mac. I'm using Composite Beta 2.

The user is using Firefox 3.5.3 on a Mac (OS X 10.5.3) and under the Firefox Tools > Error Console I get a javascript error:

Application is not defined.

Anyone have any ideas? Are there any firewall issues that would affect Composite? I know they have WebWasher and it's pretty strict, but most sites work fine. I'm not sure where it's going wrong in Safari... but it's not working there either.

It's erroring out on this line...

<script type="text/javascript">
Application.hasExternalConnection = true;
</script>

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Okay, it would appear that it's a combination of Browser issues and firewall issues.

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Can you see with Firebug if there is some javascript files that is not being loaded?

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I haven't access to the computer now, but I will load firebug on the user's computer if I get a chance again. As it turns out, there's been a change and they won't be using composite anyhow... but we'll see.

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Anything we can learn from them not going with Composite C1? (non-customers are typically the got info worth listening to).

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I guess what I mean is that PERSON won't be using Composite as an admin. It's an internal decision that was made. However, if I were to make a few suggestions... I have noticed that the console just seems unresponsive at times on a blog writer who uses a Mac. I find hitting "restart Server" fixes the issue, but it's a strange problem.

Also, it would be nice to be able to restrict users from certain areas... or certain data items.

So, if we have a products section, only the products team has access to this area. HR would have access to the Careers area, etc.