Medium Trust

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Aug 23, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Hello,

I recently installed a composite c11 in a full trust hosting and all works allright.

I need to install a c1 on a medium trust cloud hosting. I read that isnt possible, i wanted to know why?

I copied the same working copy from the full trust hosting to the medium trust one and i get some errors. I there any way to make it work?

Here is the error:

--

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'Composite' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 6:  using System.Web;
Line 7:  using System.Xml.Linq;
Line 8:  using Composite.Core.WebClient.Renderings.Page;
Line 9:  using Composite.Core.Xml;
Line 10: using Composite.Functions;

Source File: \\fsvs02\target03\357075\614290\c1.smedia.com\web\content\app_code\Composite\Navigation\LanguageSwitcher\Functions.cs    Line: 8

--

Regards.

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:30 PM

The reason Composite C1 can not run under medium trust is because it is dependent on a number of features in .NET only available under full trust. Some of these elements are

I would not expect that you could make Composite C1 run under medium trust without making large and fundamental changes to the system. You could perhaps have the front-end part (i.e. the page rendering) run in a medium trust environment with some investment, but the admin (the C1 Console) and all the developer related features, the dynamic type system, package install and more would require full trust.