Blog Problems

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Hi,

I am somewhat new to C1.  I have recently installed the blog package and can successfully save a blog entry.  I then click publish.  When I view the blog from my site it shows the entry listing, however when I click the listing link to read the full entry it does not display the entry.  It is just blank.

Any help or suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.  This site is not yet public so unfortunately I can't give an address so that you can reference my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Hello,

1. What version of the C1 do you use? ( Help -> About Composite C1)

2. What version of the Blog package was installed? (System -> Packages ->Installed packages -> locate Blog package -> right click -> Package info )

3. Do you use Contrib library, Nicer Urls?

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I am using version 2.1.4113.99 of C1,

1.6.4 of Community.Blog

and I don't believe I am using the Contrib Library unless it installs as a part of the Master Page based C1 package.  Is there a way to tell if I am or not?

Just as reference so that you can see what I am talking about you can view the site at http://test.thetreadmillreview.org

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Master Page based template uses Contrib Liblary, you can check your web.config and locate section :

<modules>

<add name="UrlFilter" type="CompositeC1Contrib.Web.UrlFilterModule, CompositeC1Contrib" />

</modules>

try to comment this "UrlFilter" and re-check C1 Blog.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:50 PM

That did the trick.  Thank you so much.  I have spent almost a full day trying to figure this out.  Someone mentioned that they thought it might be the url rewrite but I wasn't sure how to fix it.

You are awesome!!!