Supported in Composite C1?

Topics: Feature requests, General
Oct 11, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I'm currently reviewing Composite C1 to see if it's suitable for a client's website and would like to know if it supports the following:-

• Threaded page comments.
  • Approving page comments.
  • Quick Polls in blog posts.

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:48 PM

C1 itself provides the tools--definable datatypes and xslt (among others)--for the creation of the features you desire. I believe the blog package (add on to C1) implements some comment functionality.

I have had success creating a basic xslt  function for inserting DISQUS comments, which are very full featured. The DISQUS snippet requires only a short preset account id, and an url & GUID identifying the display page, all of which can be collected in function calls defined via C1 GUI then assembled in the xslt. Intense Debate is another comments service with similar requirements. 

Using these third party comments allows a comment thread to be added to any page, with full featured moderation, user verification, threading, and spam protection  accessed through the service.

I have not looked into polls, but I'd wager there is a provider for them as well.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Hi,

There is C1 package Composite.Community.QuickPoll which can be used to insert quick polls into Blog posts.