Custom menus question from newbie

Topics: General
Jul 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I want to create a menu structure in the SQL database, many menu groups containing their own parent child items. These items will contain links to pages created from C1. I want to initially manage these items directly from database, over time I would like to develop an interface to manage them from C1 admin.

This way I can have the same page in different navigation groups. Like same contact page appearing in different menu groups, multi-site likes implementation.

Is there any example I can use to get started? All the examples I saw starts with Composite.Pages.SitemapXml which I think is not what I need. Can I copy and customize the TopLink, or as I prefer is it better I define my own Global Datatypes and functions? I am new to C1 with strong database and some Visual Studio development experience.

Sorry if this is a basic question, I searched with keyword ‘Menu’ in codeplex forum and couldn’t find any leads.

Thanks and best regards
George

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Edited Jul 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hi George

I don't think we have any suitable example rather than the TopLink part. If it more or less what you need, I would recommend extending it as it has simple implementation (One data folder for keeping the links, and one XSLT function to render the output, and the "Home" page type adds the data folder by default).