Package Source

Topics: Standard packages
Oct 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Hi, I have the cms installed and I wanted to use the navigation package but I don't know how to find it. I do not have a package source url in my systems tab. Can someone tell me what the package source URL is to get the navigation package? I don't know why my installation didn't come with this. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

The default package server URL is https://package.composite.net/C1.asmx

Could you describe how you installed so we may investigate how you ended up without "proper initialization"?

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I am starting over from scratch now but I'm getting an error. I deleted the files on the server then downloaded the zip file. I unzipped on my server then opened the sln. The instructions on the composite website says this 

1. Open the solution file "Composite C1 Website.sln"
  2. Open the "Property Page" for the web project
  3. To rule out file permission errors, select "Start options" and make sure "NTLM Authentication" is not checked.
  4. To skip waiting for website compilations:
    Under "Build", "Start action" select "No build"
    Under "Build", "Build solution action" uncheck "Build Website as part of solution"

The problem is there is no property page or at least I'm not seeing it. All I see when I open the solution is a folder for App_Data, Bin, Composite, Frontend, Renderers, A default file, global.aspx file and a Web.config. Where is the property page? So now when I browse to the directory with custom errors off I get this error message 

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Composite' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 6:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite" %>
Line 7:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite.Data" %>
Line 8:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite.Core.Configuration" %>
Line 9:  <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
Line 10: <head>

Where is Composite.Core.Configuration? I don't see that in the Composite folder either. Are these instructions updated?

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Hi Camboni11

The exception does refer to  "The type or namespace name 'Composite' could not be found" rather than "Composite.Core.Configuration". That means that it is not a fact that problem is with line #8 and with namespace "Composite.Core.Configuration".

So my suggestions are:

a) Check if "/Bin" folder of the web site contains Composite.dll, if not - compile Composite.dll and Composite.Workflows.dll from the sources and put them there

if it's not the case than b) It may seem strange, but I saw such an error when there is a namespace "Composite.Composite.xxxx", it happend a few times when a developer was adding an as?x file under "/Composite" folder. So what you should do is search for a file that would contain string "Composite.Composite". If you find one -> remove one of the "Composite" namespaces and post here which file it was

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I recompiled and it started working, at least for the most part. I can only connect using local host for some reason. I know thats something in my IIS but that didn't happen the last time I installed. The first install went so smooth I was ready to recommend this product to my boss. But this second installation is a headache. Is it different everytime you install or something?