report a bug

Topics: Troubleshooting, Visual editor
Dec 18, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Here's a bug then I type the chinese or any other double byte character in HTML Editor (source mode)

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM

We're using Mozilla Skywriter for  "source mode", and it has some bugs related to support of chinese characters. Unfortunately that isn't something we can fix quickly.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Are there any solutions and approaches to this question?

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Anyway , There is an problem in the editor of CompositeC1 2.1 beta . Some of icons can not show on toolbar( Editor toolbar ) as "Bold" , "Underline" , "Italic" . The current editor should be improve in version 2.1. Thank you very much.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:31 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2010 at 4:35 AM

like the picture above,here is an other error with scrollbar at soucecode mode.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:43 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2010 at 4:44 AM

c1 is perfect for me except the sourcecode editor,it is seem to this editor has a lot of problem,can you ( or i ) replace it to another by some way?

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM

@huangpin Looks like you are translating the UI to Chinese - note that you can easily package your translation ( see http://docs.composite.net/C1/Console/LocalizingConsole.aspx) and share, for instance by creating a new "Composite C1 - Chinese C1 Console" project here at CodePlex  :-)

We would love to make the translation available via the default C1 Package Server.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM

@huangpin Go vote on http://feedback.mozillalabs.com/forums/49087-bespin/suggestions/1339119-support-double-byte-characters-like-chinese - in the mean time check if using IE solve your problem.

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:51 AM

yes ,i am trying to translate c1 to chinese,and also want to use c1 in my next project .certainly i will share it  and  introduce it to my colleagues or friends around me when completed translation .

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2011 at 9:41 PM

@huangpin Super! When you have it done please consider allowing us to put it online on the default C1 Package Server so it's easy to install for your fellow country men :-)

Btw - did you use the translation tool we did? Is it working ok for you? You should not we have a few areas where english texts are used, even after you have translated the corresponding strings - this is something we hope to have fixed in the final 2.1 release.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:13 AM

A small update on this issue - because of the double byte issue with the Mozilla Bespin/SkyWriter editor (plus a ton ot other irritating issues with this editor) we are looking into integrating CodeMirror into the C1 Console - this seem to work much better in every aspect, solve the double byte issue and we expect to also have it working in IE so IE users have access to all the fancy 'insert url/function' features. We hope to have this in the final 2.1 release.

 

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:03 AM

good news!

btw, i have almost completed the translation base on 2.0.3947.24461_ReleaseBuild_20101022.4 .

you can click here  to download and trial it.

我已基本上对所有的资源文件进行了人工翻译,但可能还有一些不完善或遗漏的地方,我会尽快改进。

大家可以下载这个版本评估一下,若发现任何问题可反馈给我(huangpin@eov.cn)

下载地址:http://www.eov.cn/downloads/composite.zh-cn.rar


Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:06 AM

@huangpin since you are translation the UI I expect this is of interest to you: we have identified a number of areas where English strings were "hard coded". We have fixed those areas, and introduced some new 'variables' in the en-US translations.

You may want to use the latest nightly build for any further translation work - here is how you can quickly install latest nightly via WebMatrix: http://community.composite.net/C1/Blog.aspx/2010/12/06/Preview-the-latest-beta-builds-of-Composite-C1 Next code sync with CodePlex will also contain all the changes.

If you are not already using the localization tool we made, consider using it - when pointed to a site with the new en-US strings it will automatically locate those strings for you. The tool is here: http://docs.composite.net/C1/Console/LocalizingConsole.aspx

The following were identified/fixed:

a. Source Editor:
  * Format
b. Visual Editor:
  * Insert > Field;
  * right-click in the page > Manage Table
  * Insert > Function > Select Function
  * Insert > Function > Select Function > Function Properties
  * Insert > Function > Select Function > Function Properties > select a parameter > Parameter Type
  * Paste > Paste From Word > window + text
  * Paste > Paste As Text > window + text
  * Insert > Table > right-click in the table > Manage table
c. Page Browser:
  * View > Page Source
d. Functions > create | edit Visual Function > Layout > Insert > Field
e. Data > create | edit DataType > Fields > Basic / Advanced
f. menu:
  * File > all items (Close, Save, Exit etc)
  * View > Composite Start
  * Help > About C1 > Credits / Back