Nesting a website

Topics: General, MVC
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Is it possible to nest a website into Composite C1 ?

I would like to get rid of the MVC player and embed directly the whole custom MVC website under a menu item.

Is it possible ? and can you give me directions ?

Thomas

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM

If you MVC based pages work as expected when called directly on their paths, I guess the fastest way would be to create a page in C1 and add the Composite.Web.Response.Redirect function on that page, redirecting to your MVC app start page. This is easy to do, but won't ensure that design, overall navigation etc. is transferred to your MVC app - and I guess you want the whole thing to appear as a whole (?)

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I am struggling between re-coding my site with the MVCPlayer or maybe using IFRAME to Render the complex part http://www.codinginstinct.com/2008/08/aspnet-mvc-iframe-url-routing.html

And now I have your insight to test. What do you mean by overall navigation?

Will redirections from my website be efficient inside that page containing Composite.Web.Response.Redirect function ?

Explaining otherwise, will it play like in an IFrame ?

Well, I'm gonna test your suggestion and will write back my thoughts

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Without knowing the details of your MVC application im curious to know what parts it is that you would need to rewrite to use the MVC Player with C1. The Player is made so you should be able to just drop whatever MVC application and run it without modifications.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I also agree with burningice. I believe you can just have your MVC application run within C1 using MVC Player. There might be some reference changes but that's it.