Integrating Search plugin function

Topics: Standard packages, Troubleshooting
Mar 24, 2011 at 2:02 PM

We have dowloaded and installed Search function. After installing them, we got  the folder in Functions with follwoing root: All functions->Composite->Search->Simple Page Search->1. Get Search Results 2.Search form 3. Search results

When I am trying to insert this function to the Test Page via Insert Function, but we do not have it in the list with all functions. Please advice what we should we do next?

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM

have you tried going into "View Source" mode and inserting the function?... i wysiwyg mode its only functions that return xml/xlst that are shown in the picker

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Hi greensys,

Correct, you get 3 functions with the Simple Page Search package (as you described). However, the "user" functions are only these 2:

• SearchFrom
  • SearchResults

The 3rd one, GetSearchResults, is a C# function used by the package internally and is not supposed to be inserted on pages. It is hidden if you insert a function on a page in Visual mode.
(Of course, you can see it and even insert it if you switch the page to Source mode as burningice suggests :))

If this is you case, please read http://docs.composite.net/Composite.Search.SimplePageSearch to add the simple page search to your website.

If not, would you please give more detailed info about your environment? C1's build number, web server, OS, browser, XML or SQL etc. (I have just tried on the latest build - everything worked as expected)

Vitaly