DropDown is not working on browsers

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, XSLT
May 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Hi guys, I've installed the Dropdown feature for C1, I can see that the dropdown is working fine on C1's preview page, but once I publish the page and view it on any browser drodown doesn't work. Any Ideas?

Thank you and Regards,

Arnel Gracela

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Check this thread http://compositec1.codeplex.com/discussions/257977 and let me know if this relate to the issue you experience.

May 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hi mawtex, I tried the fix on that thread but didn't work, my issue is when i hover to the parent menu dropdown doesn't show up on any browser, but if i try it on the preview window on C1 it is working, dropdown shows up. I tried both SitemapLevel and Dropdown, both seems not to work on browser but works on C1 preview.

Regards,

Arnel Gracela

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 5:31 PM

If you view the published page with a tool like FireBug do get any scipt warning or 404's in the 'Net' view? And have you published sub pages, so they will show up in the drop down?

May 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM
Edited May 20, 2011 at 12:55 AM

yeah, all pages and sub-pages are already published, I don't have firebug installed on my firefox, but I did use google chrome's inspect element and it didn't show any missing or 404 about any resources. you can check it here 

see it here(removed)

Regards,

Arnel

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM

The CSS and JavaScript is just fine -what is missing are actual sub pages to show (or at least the HTML representing those sub pages). Looking at the page html source, the dropdown html only contains html for the level 2 pages, no level 3 pages (and hence nothing to show in a drop down). If you used the package for this my guess is that is is either mis-configured or you need to ensure that sub pages (with menu titles) exists and that they are published.

I tried using firebug to edit the page htmland 'inject' a subpage (replacing <li class=""><a href="/crossfit/Home/Home.aspx">HOME</a></li> with <li class=""><a href="/crossfit/Home/Home.aspx">HOME</a><ul><li><a href="#">Test</a></li></ul></li>) and then the dropdown feature worked.

May 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Edited May 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM

injecting a code that will just make it like manual coding, I think my problem is about the browser being not able to fetch the level 3 pages, but if i click the preview of the xls package which is the Composite.Navitation.DropDown, it can generate the output just fine including the level 3 pages. here's my configuration on my markup code:

<f:function name="Composite.Navigation.DropDown">
        <f:param name="Level" value="1" />
        <f:param name="Depth" value="2" />
        <f:param name="Parent" value="false" />
      </f:function>

I even tried setting the depth to 3 but doesn't work. is there something wrong with my markup code? Weirdest thing is if I click the Preview on pages using composite C1, dropdown works perfectly, but when I view it on the browser theres no sub-pages html entries if i check the source of the page on the browser.

Regards,

Arnel Gracela

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Everything looks fine - I tried to create a site with the dropdown package and your config and things look just fine- if you create a temp login and mail it to me (using the contact form) I can take a closer look at your setup.

May 20, 2011 at 12:04 AM

temp login sent, thanks for helping

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM

tnx for the login - looking at your site I saw that you hadn't published any of your 'level 3' pages - publishing one of them made it show up on your public site. So everything seems to be in order, just remember to publish. Feel free to delete my tmp login again :)

May 20, 2011 at 12:14 AM

wow, how stupid of me, but i already published them when i created those level 3 pages, do i need to republish them everytime i make modifications to the xlst menu items? but anyway, problems solved now, thank you very much for the support.

Regards,

Arnel Gracela

May 20, 2011 at 12:18 AM

btw, i see that on the Composite.Navigation.Dropdown xslt code there's a bunch of xslt if statements, I want to put a separator for level2 menu pages, I tried putting it and it also appeared on level3 sub-pages. any way to do it or do i need to add something.

Many Thanks,

Arnel

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM

There should be no need for republishing the pages (except if you initially published them without a menu title and then changed this). Note that pages need to be published individually, publishing the parent page will not publish pages further down.

Glad you got it working :)

About the level 2 vs. level 3 question, try something like this:

<xsl:if test="@Depth=2">
   whay you want on depth (level) 2 pages only
</xsl:if>

May 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM

level 2pages only because my menu contains level2 pages only, level3 pages are dorpdown menus for level2, I'm putting image separator like Menu1 | Menu2 | Menu3, the | also appears on dropdown menus as well. And yes this code works, its not affecting dropdown sub pages anymore. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Arnel