Basic vs Advanced Content Editor

Topics: General, Visual editor
May 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM

My customer wants to know if there is a better WYSIWYG editor than what comes with C1 with a default configuration.

It seems C1 is using TinyMCE, but in the Visual Studio solution I see references to more toolbar functions than are currently displayed. For example in ~/Composite/localization/Composite.Web.VisualEditor.en-us.xml or ~/Composite/templates/wysiwygeditor/toolbar_advanced.xml I see references to additional Head levels and Table functions.

So, is there a way to buy or configure a more robust content editor?

Russ

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Hi Russ,

take a look at:

If you are missing options please consider using our issue tracker to up-vote or suggest a feature request.

Be aware that things like selecting font face, sizing and concrete colors is kept out on purpose - we are css hippies and believe html should only contain things like class and id.

Marcus

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I was already aware of these docs, but thanks Marcus.

As a .net developer, I really like C1, but it is not as end-user friendly as some other CMS products in the content creation features. When the budget permits, C1 is certainly very extensible and would be a good choice in most cases. My current customer is working with a limited budget, so there are trade-offs between software license and customization costs.

Kind regards,

Russ

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM

We'd love to get feedback on what end users feel are missing - the current setup is very minimal and there is room for improvements ;-)

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Hi Marcus,

I can use my custom css in the editor when I edit the pages following Customizing the Visual Editor

but how can I achive the same for case I have a function with input parameters of type string which use XHTML widget ?(At the moment  it shows default C1's styles)

-Ruslan

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hello, rvesyliv

It should work also in that case.  VisualXhtmlEditor as widget for function input parameter also uses CSS styles declared in file ~\Frontend\Config\VisualEditor\common.xml on the next section:

<visualeditor>
  <styles>
    <style file="styles/core.css" />
    <style file="styles/custom.css" />
    <style file="../../styles/visualeditor.common.css" />
  </styles>

I just tested and my custom.css  applied  in both cases. Did you try to clear browser cache?

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi Inna,

It does work as you described :)

Sorry for that

-Ruslan

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Edited Jul 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Please create a 301 redirect on the Composite website for the page http://docs.composite.net/Console/CustomizingVisualEditor.aspx which results in a 404 now.

Other dead links from page: Changing the CSS styling of the WYSIWYG editor. Empty page: How do I control the css styling options in the WYSIWYG editor?

edit: added links but the wysiwyg on this page does not work well.