Blog Package Error or sign of something bigger?

Topics: General, Standard packages, Troubleshooting
Jun 16, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Recently, after entering all our blog entries, we've been getting an odd error when we try to edit the blog entry.

ArgumentException:
An item with the same key has already been added.
Stack trace:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.SelectorTemplateUserControlBase.InitializeSelectorElements()
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.SelectorTemplateUserControlBase.SetSelectedObjectsFromStringList(IEnumerable`1 selectedAsStrings)
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.TemplatedMultiSelectorUiControl.BuildWebControl()
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.TemplatedContainerUiControl.BuildWebControl()
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.TemplatedContainerUiControl.BuildWebControl()
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiControlFactories.WebEmbeddedFormUiControl.BuildWebControl()
at Composite.Plugins.Forms.WebChannel.UiContainerFactories.TemplatedExecutionContainer.BuildWebControl()
at Composite.Core.WebClient.FlowMediators.WebFlowUiMediator.GetFlowUi(FlowHandle flowHandle, String elementProviderName, String consoleId, String& uiContainerName)
Generated 2011-06-16 11:14

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to start when searching for where this error comes from. We're not adding anything, we're simply editing it. Is there a way to "reset" data entries to remove all users from them? The first thing that comes up is that the entry is already open for editing. Then, we get the "An Unfortunate Error has occurred"

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Hello,

I reproduced the same error.

Check your blog Tag entries and make sure you don't have Tags with the same name. Just delete duplicate tags and then check out Blog editing.

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thanks!!!! That was the problem! We had a content admin who put in duplicate tags. I removed it and all is well.

I never even thought to think about the tags area.

Actually, I'd like to take a moment to thank the Composite Core team. You guys work quickly and have an innate ability to perceive problems encountered. Composite C1 is a fantastic piece of software. I know there's a lot of competition out there. I'm getting thoroughly accustomed to Composite C1 and hopefully will be in a better position to contribute more soon!