How to add "Type" field to Blog Feature.

Topics: Feature requests, General, Troubleshooting
Jul 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I added a new field ( BlogType ) to data type "Composite.Community.Blog.BlogEntries" but i could not see my filed when i added a new entry. ?

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:00 AM

It is because Composite.Community.Blog.BlogEntries has customized Form Markup. If you have noticed e.g Tags and Content  blog fields have separate tabs for editing (for more information about editing Form Markups read this article)

While data item has customized form markup, to see new added fields in form, you should manually customize this form markup and add this fields: Data -> locate data type -> right click -> Edit From Markup

(also you can physically remove the form markup file from your hard disk, then the new form markup will be generated but in this case, you will lose all the changes made directly in the form markup)

I can recommend two ways:

1.  Read this article Editing-Form-Markup  and then try to add correct filed elements to the form markup.

2. You can try to backup current form markup file located here ~\App_Data\Composite\DynamicTypeForms\Composite\Community\Blog\Entries.xml with new name Entries.xml.old, then in C1 console do: Data -> locate data type -> right click -> Edit From Markup -> the new form markup file will be generated.  You can copy the code snippet which was generated for  your new Filed and then put it to the corresponding section in file Entries.xml.old file. Then delete newest generated file, and rename back Entries.xml.old to Entries.xml -> try to add blog item and check your form.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Hi Inna . Thank you very much.