Unable to add Field Widget Configuration

Topics: General
Jul 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I am new to C1 and am working through the documentation. Loving it so far but ran into something I can't figure out.

I was working through http://docs.composite.net/C1/Data/A-Guide-to-Creating-Datatypes.aspx/Creating-Specific-Fields

In the "HOW TO CREATE LARGE TEXT FIELD" section, I am attempting to complete the second step 2 (regarding the Add New option of the Field Widget Configuration), but the Add New button is always disabled.

As I said I am a new user of C1 so I installed it with the Visual Studio set up and am working with the Omnicorp website.

Composite C1 2.1.1 Build no. 2.1.4113.99

I am logged in as the admin account

What am I missing? Why can I not add any new Widgets configurations? Thanks in advanced for the help.

Kerry

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Nevermind, I just figured out the answer, you need to delete the existing Widget configuration and then the Add New button is enabled.

Can you please update the documentation to reflect those steps?

Thanks!

Developer
Jul 25, 2011 at 7:03 AM
KerryD wrote:

Nevermind, I just figured out the answer, you need to delete the existing Widget configuration and then the Add New button is enabled.

Can you please update the documentation to reflect those steps?

Thanks!

Hi KerryD,

Thank you for pointing out to this missing step. We have updated the documentation accordingly.

Sorry for inconveniences

/Vitaly