Localized websites - translated page appears blank

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hi,

I followed the instructions on another post to update to version 2.1.3 as I was having issues with the nice urls from the contrib project and the News package. Those issues were resolved.

I created a site, and once happy with it, I added a second language. I then translated the pages that I wanted to translate and published them, but when I browse to the new language site the page appears completely blank, no output at all.

http://domainurl/home - works ok

http://domainurl/es/home - blank page

Any ideas on this?

Many Thanks

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Hi

Are there any messages in log? ("Tools/Server Log" in the C1 Console's top menu, or  files under /App_Data/Composite/LogFiles )

Aug 16, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Thanks for the reply. There are no messages in the log unfortunately:

"No log data available..."

Thanks

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Hi

I uninstalled the Contrib package and that resolved the issue..

Thanks

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I'd like to ensure we follow up on this issue before we release - could you provide me with the primary steps required to reproduce the behavior?

Example:

  1. Download the beta sources for release '2.1.3', compile and set up a website
  2. When setting up the site select the "Master page" starter site option
  3. Once set up add a second language, translate at lease one page to this language - make sure content exists in the translations
  4. Browse to a translated page

Expected: Translated content show up fine

Actual: Pages are completely bland

Note: uninstalling the Contrib project fix the issue.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Hi,

To cover every step that I took, I would include the following:

  1. Downloaded v2.1.1 sources, compiled and set up a web site
  2. Selected "Master Pages" option
  3. Added Contrib project for master pages and nice URLs
  4. Added News package
  5. News not working with Contrib and Nice URLS
  6. Upgraded to 2.1.3
  7. News working but having issues with Master pages
  8. Removed master pages and used Contribute C1 Layouts instead
  9. Set up a second language - translated one, and then all pages with content in each one
  10. No source on the translated page when browsing to them
  11. Nothing in the log files
  12. Removed the contrib package
  13. Translated pages working fine

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Stuart

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Seems like you forgot the step that says "Upgraded Contrib package"

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Yes, apologies, I foolishly thought I had the latest version of the contrib package as I downloaded everything so recently.

Apart from my mistakes, everything works well, and we expect to have 4 sites live in the next couple of months.

Thanks

Aug 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 9:18 AM

as a thumb rule, Contrib package is being updated every time C1 does a major update, since it relies heavily on internal mechanism and undocumented features which are likely to be changed from version to version. For instance the NicerUrl was depricated with C1 2.1.3 since it now had the same features built-in native. And hopefully Masterpages support will handled by a more modular approach in C1 which makes it more stable.