Moving a composite installation into a subfolder

Topics: General
Aug 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to move a composite installation into a subfolder on the webserver. This would offer the possibility to have multiple composite installations running, but only pay for a single server. I do only have FTP-access to this webserver, so I'm not ably to use the IIS-configuration-tools.

I have tried this, but I get a compilation-error:

Kompilierungsfehler

Beschreibung: Fehler bei der Kompilierung einer Ressource, die zur Verarbeitung dieser Anforderung erforderlich ist. Überprüfen Sie die folgenden spezifischen Fehlerdetails, und ändern Sie den Quellcode entsprechend.

Compilerfehlermeldung: CS0246: Der Typ- oder Namespacename "Composite" konnte nicht gefunden werden. (Fehlt eine Using-Direktive oder ein Assemblyverweis?)

Quellfehler:

Zeile 6:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite" %>
Zeile 7:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite.Data" %>
Zeile 8:  <%@ Import Namespace="Composite.Core.Configuration" %>
Zeile 9:  <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
Zeile 10: <head>

Quelldatei: d:\ftp\325511\325511.de\web\BCI\default.aspx    Zeile: 8

Can anybody help me? Can this be done by changing a web.config-setting or is it impossible at all? ;)

I'm using Version 2.1.1, Build 2.1.4113.99

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:52 AM

All you need to do to make this work, is to have the sub folder configured as an "Application" - open the IIS manager, locate the subfolder and click "Convert to Application". If you do not admin the server your self, you may have some UI your ISP gave which can do this. if not, you need to contact their support, and ask them to make the sub folder a "application"

Aug 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Thanks a lot, mawtex!

I thought so, and I'll try to contact my ISP, as I have no access to IIS manager at all. I'm coming from PHP, and in a htdocs-folder, it is a bit easier to move around your applications. :)