Any way to change Admin site to be /admin instead of /composite?

Topics: General
Sep 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Hi!  Anyone know how to change the admin page to be located at a different path, ex: /admin or something else?  Is it a matter of just renaming the folder: "composite" to something else?

Thank you!

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I wouldn't recommend it. However, you can always just put in a re-direct into IIS. Most users don't look at the URL once they've typed it in.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM

The folder-name "Composite" is hardcode and compiled in the code so its not possible without a Custom Build. You can download the source and make a global search for Composite to find all the instances to replace and recompile.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM

But then... upgrades may be a hassle. It's a LOT less headache to just put in a URL redirect.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

of course its a big hassle and i won't recommend it... but without knowing about the particular details of requirements which is the basis of the questions, i'm just answering the question itself and not trying to come with alternative workarounds... they maybe won't apply anyway.

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Another hassle; making source code modifications require that you publish your branch or patch of the source code (or you are in violation with the license terms). There - pen pusher moment of the month completed.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM

@mawtex: Hilarious!

@burningice: Yep, I know you're trying to be helpful, I just wanted to let cazarez know there are implications. (^_^)

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Thanks guys! You all are awesome! Thanks for putting the time to answer and giving recommendations.  Thanks, Burningice for reading my mind :)  I'll do the redirect so I won't violate any license, mawtex :)  LOL