How to port the Source Codes of Composite to a Live Hosting Site?

Topics: General
Sep 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Hi,

I'm still new to this. Can someone help me understand how to make the source codes of Composite be used on a live site?  I downloaded the source codes and have been playing around in Visual Studio.  Everything runs fine through the server that comes with Visual Studio but now I don't know if there's something special I need to do to make the site go live.  Do I need to do something in Visual Studio or just copy/upload the folder to my site?

Thank you!

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:33 AM

copy and paste. No need to do anything more. Just point IIS as per the instructions on Composite's site at the "Website" folder and you're done. Easy-peasy.

You'll have to ensure that the IIS user has read and write rights to the folder and a few other things, but no need to "publish"

Lots more info here: http://docs.composite.net/C1/Getting-started/Configuration/Getting-Your-Site-Online.aspx

As a side point, I'd recommend you use IIS Express or IIS on your machine instead of Cassini.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Thank you, for some reason, I was looking for that info and couldn't find that link.  I was in the wrong section the whole time.  Thanks for providing the link!