Tree Definition Question

Topics: General, XSLT
Sep 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I created a Tree Definition XML to group events in folders - "Year"/"Month"/"Date - Title".  I was able to add the Add / Edit / Delete buttons in the correct location in the xml and they work well also.  Is there away to add a delete function to allow the authorized persons to "Delete" the entire months records simply by clicking the delete button when you are on the Month folder.  If so, I am sure it could also be done for any of the folder levels.  Also, if this is possible, will it prompt the user before it actually deletes.

Secondly, my dataset has a StartDate and EndDate fields.  Is there a way to default the EndDate to the same date as the selected StartDate? 

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Actually I agree on the End Date. This is expected from users these days.

It should at the very least invalidate the end date and not allow an End Date that occurs before a start date... or... it removes the invalid end date and makes it null or defaults it to one hour after start.

I'm pretty sure I can add validation to do this, but it really should be default in the package.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 8:59 AM

>> Is there away to add a delete function to allow the authorized persons to "Delete" the entire months records simply by clicking the delete button when you are on the Month folder.

Unfortunately, the delete data action only applies to elements that produce data elements. But you can consider to add Custom Commands to the tree.