DocumentFormActivity with RerenderViewActivity causes browser lockup

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 22, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Hi,

I'm creating a workflow for the C1 Console. The browser locks up while trying to transition to one of the states in the workflow. I've narrowed the cause down to using a RerenderViewActivity with the DocumentFormActivity. Here's how to recreate the issue.

I have a statemachine workflow with 3 states: Initial, Work, Complete. The workflow starts up and executes its initialisation state. This flows to the Work state which executes a DocumentFormActivity and waits for a CustomEvent01 event to fire from a toolbar button. When the event fires, it executes the EventDriven for CustomEvent01 which does ExecuteCodeActivity, RerenderViewActivity and SetStateActivity back to the Work state.

The ExecuteCodeActivity modifies some data and updates the Bindings container. The updated data is already bound to a usercontrol (via form definition XML).

Without the RerenderViewActivity, the workflow flows correctly, but the Usercontrol doesn't update its view with the new data.

What could be the issue with Rerendering a DocumentFormActivity?

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Does every state end with a DocumentFormActivity? Like if you have a StateInitializationActivity in a given state, the last activity in that should be a DocumentFormActivity. If this is not the case, the client will 'hang'

Also a global CancelEvent handler should go to the terminating state

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Hi Martin,

Apologies for the late reply.

I created a new workflow from scratch and double checked the two points you highlighted and it works. However, I did not load any user controls yet. I cannot see the difference between the new workflow and the previous workflow that did not work. So this is a strong indication that the user control is at fault. I will continue to debug the issue.

Thanks again for your help. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Cool! If you get stuck again, just write it here and then we can take it from there :)