Table

Topics: General, XSLT
Oct 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM

When creating a visual function,

How do you get the data to fill a table rather than create a new table for each entry.

Excuse my ignorance,  but new starter to the product,  and though I so far have had reasonable results,  I seem to be struggling with this "basic" issue.

I presume a FOREACH type call,  but I am struggling to really understand how to write it into the function.

Thanks in advance for any assistance....

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hello,

The Visual function  presents data items in the output as repetition of the layout mocked up here. So if you use TABLE in the layout you will have TABLE for each entry.

But you can use DIV elements instead of Table, or you can write XSLT function instead of Visual Function, so you can present data from data types in a flexible and highly customizable way.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Indeed,  written an XSLT function that appears to be doing the job,  probably same as many,  look at issue try a few things,  panic and ask for help,  whilst reading further it becomes a little more obvious...

Thanks for advice though and will consider the DIV element as well.......

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Oh  another minor issue.  Would rather not open another dscussion,  but

if my datatype includes a URL

How do I get the value as I seem to struggle to escape the quotes etc.   Can`t find the reading material for this.

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I see pass it to a variable and then use the variable for the out put....