C1 Console Issue: after saving page some pages may dissappear

Topics: Troubleshooting
Oct 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Hi,

I was working on a few pages in my site and upon saving the changes it appeared to save them but the "Publish" button didn't appear as it normally does.  I Closed the editor for that page as I have done in the past when this has happened but when I did that the screen seemed to refresh and when I when to Open the Websites in the left pane it didn't show my Website or any of my pages.  

I immediately checked the web page to see if they were gone, and they aren't.  It is very weird.  I restarted the console and same thing, no pages.  i tried to make a new site but it doesn't show up when I publish,  it just keeps displaying the original that I had made.  The xml files are apparently still there but the console just isn't seeing them.

Any thoughts or ideas on what may have happened and if I can fix it.  I am in the dark on this one and have no clue where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Hi @dherrin

This issue already is registered here: http://compositec1.codeplex.com/workitem/818

There scenario is the following:

1) User opens a page for editing

2) Site restarts (either by user/developers actions, or restart is scheduled by IIS)

3) User presses "Save" 

Results:

a) If page is a "root" page, it "dissappears" and won't appear until the site is restarted

b) If page is not a root page, the changes will be saved, but the page won't get the "draft" publicaiton state, and will appear as "Publish" button not beign shown.

Part b) is fixed in one of the last check-ins, part a) isn't yet fixed.

Workaround is: if page dissappears - restart the site, if not shown as "publishable", close an editing tab, open page for editing again - "Save", and then "Publish"

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM

thanks for showing me the other discussion.  and the advice.  When I came in this morning I went to do those steps and it had magically reappeared.  The next time it happens I will have a place to start.

thanks